Sunday, November 16, 2008




I've seen it all possibly. This is a cross usb stick from geekalerts.com. One question... why?

We sang a praise song today in church that has left me pondering all day. It's called Knowing You by Graham Kendrick. Here's the verse that I just can't get out of my head today:

Now my heart's desire is to know You more,
To be found in You and known as Yours,
To Possess by faith what I could not earn,
All surpassing gift of righteousness

This is my prayer for the week. I want to be known as His. We get caught up in debates and differences in theology. But really, the bottom line is it's a giant leap of faith at it's very core. You believe by faith (and really faith alone) that you possess something that you could never, ever earn (an everlasting relationship with God). There it is. Simple really. Yet we all too often junk it up. I hate that.

It's not what we do, how we act, what we own (including a cross usb memory stick) or even a fish on our car. It's a leap of faith that many years ago, changed the world. And it should change me too.

After that leap, it's really not a hard journey. Although the day to day stuff can get rough and messy for us all-it's part of the human experience. It can really be summed up quite easily. Love God, love others.

It's what the sermon was today. In the book of John, Jesus asked Peter, "Do you love me? Feed my sheep."

Because I've made that leap of faith, I do love Him. And now I walk out what it looks like daily to love others. Lord, help me to keep that focus this week.

Thank you Pastor Jeff for that reminder. I needed it.

(I usually try to stay away from religion on this blog, but this blog is me and this is who I am. I don't mind discussion, but will immediately shut down anything that gets nasty. Thanks!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want onr and i agree cross usb memory stick